Japanese Sushi Bowl with Teriyaki Salmon
Get ready to indulge in a mouthwatering Japanese sushi bowl, packed with a delectable teriyaki sauce that’ll have the whole family falling in love – and the best part? It’s ready in just 20 minutes!
Allergens: Recipe may contain egg, sulphites, alcohol, sesame, and fish.
Health Score: MEDIUM 704 calories per serve
- 1/4 cup teriyaki marinade
- 3 tsp honey
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2cm piece fresh ginger, peeled, finely grated
- 1 1/2 tbsp sesame oil
- 500g salmon fillets, skin-on, cut into 3cm cubes
- 450g packet Uncle Ben’s® Microwave Brown Rice
- 2 tbsp whole-egg mayonnaise
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, cut into matchsticks
- 1 carrot, cut into matchsticks
- 1 avocado, diced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 nori sheet, finely shredded
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine teriyaki marinade, honey, crushed garlic, finely grated ginger, and half of the sesame oil.
- Transfer half of the marinade mixture to a small bowl and set it aside.
- Add the salmon cubes to the remaining marinade and turn them to coat.
- Heat the remaining sesame oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the marinated salmon cubes and cook, turning them for 3 to 4 minutes or until they are just cooked through.
- While the salmon is cooking, heat the brown rice according to the packet directions and transfer it to a large bowl.
- Add the reserved marinade to the rice and toss gently to combine.
- In a separate small bowl, mix the mayonnaise and lemon juice, then season with salt and pepper.
- In another bowl, combine the cucumber matchsticks, carrot matchsticks, diced avocado, and thinly sliced green onions, and gently toss to combine.
- Divide the rice mixture among serving bowls.
- Top each bowl with the cucumber mixture and cooked teriyaki salmon cubes.
- Dollop the mayonnaise mixture on top of each bowl.
- Sprinkle with finely shredded nori and toasted sesame seeds.
- Serve and enjoy this delicious Japanese sushi bowl with the whole family!